Ensuring All Employees are Properly Paid
All employees are entitled to be compensated for the work they do. But sometimes, employers violate state and federal laws by refusing to pay an employee what he/she is owed. The wage and hour violation lawyers at Sanford Heisler Sharp, LLP, have worked tirelessly to recover money from these employers and make sure you are properly paid for your work. We have recovered millions of dollars for employees from manual laborers to independent contractors to CEOs of multimillion-dollar corporations.
I work hard to support my family, and when my employer wasn’t compensating me for all of the hours I was putting in, Sanford Heisler stepped up to the plate. They handled the matter so expertly that not only did they get a great result but also made it possible for me to continue working at the same company throughout the litigation and beyond. After what the Firm did for me, my family, and my colleagues, I don’t hesitate to send anyone needing help with their employer to Sanford Heisler. Terri Kelly, Plaintiff in In re Novartis
What are Considered Wage and Hour Violations?
The Fair Labor Standards Act guarantees employees the right for a fair wage for the time they work for an employer. Sadly, employers trying to save money ignore this law. They will withhold overtime pay, misclassify employees, or refuse to give the employee a paid break, essentially cheating a worker of the money he/she rightfully deserves. Click here to learn more about employees’ rights under current wage and hour laws.
Current Wage and Hour Violation Cases
- Representing independent contractors against Google, Inc. for violating California Labor Code by failing to compensate contract employees for any overtime work and failing to furnish accurate wage statements.
- Representing sales employees of Alaska Communications who allege they were misclassified as exempt from overtime.
- Representing employees who worked at Costco Wholesale warehouses and were subjected to unpaid security “lockdowns” as routine part of their work day.
Wage and Hour Violation Successes
- In 2012, Sanford Heisler Sharp reached a historic $99 million settlement with Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation to resolve a class action on behalf of thousands of Novartis sales representatives who claimed they were owed overtime pay for working more than 40 hours in a work week.
- Our wage and hour violation lawyers represented thousands of AT&T employees in three class and collective action cases, alleging the telephone giant’s failure to pay overtime to its “First-Level Managers.” The cases were settled for $28 million.
- We represented C&S Wholesale Grocers warehouse workers who claimed the company failed to pay overtime. The case was settled for $14 million.
We understand how vital every dollar can be to working families. And that is why our employment lawyers are committed to making sure large corporations don’t pad their profits at the expense of everyday working Americans.
If you feel that you were cheated of pay from your employer, our wage and hour violation lawyers are ready to hear your story. Contact the employment lawyers at Sanford Heisler Sharp, LLP for an evaluation of your case.