Mr. Blankenstein handled significant cases involving financial institutions and employee benefits. He brings a wealth of experience in many areas of the law to the Firm’s practice.
“After spending three decades in private practice on the defense side, I am looking forward to being on the other side of the ‘v.’, and have much to contribute to plaintiffs’ pursuit of justice."
Our commitment to securing justice and providing the best representation possible is reflected in a commitment to diversity within our own firm. At Sanford Heisler Sharp, LLP, we know better than to think the best attorneys look alike, sound alike, think alike, or live alike. What matters is talent, and we hire the best talent available.
As a result, our team more accurately mirrors America. Women, minority, and/or openly gay lawyers make up the majority of our staff. A passion for social justice unites our team - we all work to use the power of law to help create and enforce a more just society.
Mr. Blankenstein joined Sanford Heisler Sharp after serving as Counsel to Gibson Dunn & Crutcher for many years. Before Gibson Dunn, Mr. Blankenstein served in the United States Department of Justice. At DOJ, Mr. Blankenstein rose to the position of Appellate Litigation Counsel, the chief appellate lawyer in the Civil Division. He litigated important constitutional and statutory cases involving federal programs. In private practice, Mr. Blankenstein handled significant cases involving financial institutions and employee benefits. He brings a wealth of experience in many areas of the law to the Firm’s practice.
- J.D., Brooklyn Law School
- District of Columbia
- New York
- ERISA Victory for Sanford Heisler Sharp at U.S. Supreme Court
- Sanford Heisler Lures ERISA Litigator From Gibson Dunn
- Sanford Heisler Touts Gibson Dunn Hire as the Two Firms Fight in Court
- Compliance Hot Spots: Grilling ‘Megabank’ CEOs | Global Corruption Risks | More FARA Registrations | White-Collar Moves
- 2006–2020 Best Lawyers in America – Recognized for work in the field of "Litigation - ERISA"
- 2016 Lawyer of the Year for Litigation - ERISA, Washington DC, Best Lawyers in America
- 2003-2020 Washington, DC Super Lawyer