Prior to joining Sanford Heisler Sharp, Ms. St. Charles was an associate at Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer, LLP in Washington, DC, where her practice involved a variety of complex commercial litigation matters in both federal and state courts.
Our commitment to securing justice and providing the best representation possible is reflected in a commitment to diversity within our own firm. At Sanford Heisler Sharp, LLP, we know better than to think the best attorneys look alike, sound alike, think alike, or live alike. What matters is talent, and we hire the best talent available.
As a result, our team more accurately mirrors America. Women, minority, and/or openly gay lawyers make up the majority of our staff. A passion for social justice unites our team - we all work to use the power of law to help create and enforce a more just society.
Leigh Anne St. Charles is an associate in the Nashville office of Sanford Heisler Sharp, LLP, a national law firm with offices in Washington, DC, New York, California, Tennessee, and Maryland. She received her bachelor’s degree in Philosophy and History from Western Kentucky University and her law degree from Columbia Law School, where she was a James Kent and Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar.
Ms. St. Charles represents employees in individual and class actions involving discrimination, family and medical leave, employee benefits, and civil rights. Ms. St. Charles has also represented clients in a variety of pro bono matters, including in amicus briefing before the Supreme Court of the United States, tenant advocacy, and asylum and immigration petitions. Prior to joining Sanford Heisler Sharp, Ms. St. Charles was an associate at Arnold & Porter, LLP in Washington, DC, where her practice involved a variety of complex commercial litigation matters in federal and state court.
While in law school, Ms. St. Charles served as a notes editor for the Journal of Law and Social Problems, a board member for the American Constitution Society and Workers’ Rights Student Coalition, a teaching assistant for Disability Law, and tutored students through the Harlem Tutorial Project.
- J.D., Columbia Law School, 2014
- Notes Editor, the Journal of Law and Social Problems
- B.A., Western Kentucky University, 2010
- District of Columbia, 2015
- Tennessee, 2018
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, 2017
- VW Worker Urges Court To Block Alleged Age Discrimination
- Sanford Heisler Sharp Files Motion for Preliminary Injunction Against Volkswagen to Stop Continued Discriminatory Treatment
- VW Says Worker Must Arbitrate ‘Rebranding’ Age Bias Claims
- Ogletree Says Atty Ignored Chance To Opt Out Of Arbitration
- Ogletree Gender Bias Suit Shouldn’t Be Arbitrated, Atty Says
- In Gender Discrimination Suit, Ogletree and Ex-Partner Clash Over Firm’s Arbitration Agreement
- Ogletree Must Show Judge Contract In Atty Gender Bias Suit
- Volkswagen Accused Of Age Discrimination In New Lawsuit
- VW Accused Of ‘Purging’ Older Workers In Rebranding Effort
- General Electric 401(k) Lawsuits Poised for Law Firm Battle