Felicia Gilbert is the Managing Partner of Sanford Heisler Sharp’s San Francisco office. She represents employees in individual and class actions involving race, gender, and pregnancy discrimination.
I built my professional reputation on putting company interests first, so I was blindsided when my company threatened to terminate me in a visible and unfair fashion. I was terrified to take legal action, but I’m so glad I did. Conor, Felicia, Xandra, Miriam, and David protected my role and reputation, secured a financial settlement >10x the company’s original offer, and, most importantly, gave me the strength and courage to stand up for myself. Their professionalism, candor, and warmth kept me sane through one of the darkest times in my life, and I can’t imagine going through that without them. A Former Client
I was devastated when an offer for my dream job was rescinded based on the biased opinion of a former supervisor who retaliated against me. My industry is small, and so, in addition to my deep sadness, I also felt extreme anxiety over how this retaliatory animus would continue to haunt my career. Because of Kate, Felicia, Conor, and their team, I not only reached an amicable financial settlement but I also found peace of mind knowing that this person could no longer discriminate against me. I also earned the satisfaction of holding a major company accountable for condoning retaliatory behavior. I cannot thank Sanford Heisler Sharp enough for supporting me wholeheartedly and giving me solid ground to stand on again. A Director
Being wrongfully dismissed after 25 years of meritorious service to the same institution was a dramatic and emotionally draining experience. Kate, Felicia, and their team's attention to detail combined with their extensive knowledge of the legal process enabled me to reach an amicable settlement. They also demonstrated genuine concern for me as a person with every conversation and throughout the entire process. I feel very fortunate to have worked with them. University Director
Balancing a career you love and early motherhood can feel impossible. When my employer demoted me because I’d asked for a place to pump breast milk, I felt despondent. A friend recommended that I contact the team at Sanford Heisler Sharp. I wish I had called them earlier. Kate Mueting, Felicia Gilbert, and Lindsay (Funk) listened to me, were respectful towards me, and assured me that my experience was objectively not okay (and not just an illusion of my hysterical lady-brain, as my employer insisted.) They got me the financial relief necessary to make a fresh start in my career. I can’t thank them enough. A Former Client
Felicia Gilbert is the San Francisco Managing Partner of Sanford Heisler Sharp, LLP, a national law firm with offices in the District of Columbia, New York, California, Tennessee, and Maryland. She received her J.D. from Columbia Law School and her M.A. and B.A. from Stanford University. Ms. Gilbert represents employees in individual and class actions involving race, gender, and pregnancy discrimination.
Before joining Sanford Heisler Sharp, Ms. Gilbert was an Associate at Morrison & Foerster, LLP, where her practice involved a variety of complex commercial litigation matters in both federal and state courts. Ms. Gilbert was a member of the trial team named 2013 “Attorneys of the Year” in civil rights law by California Lawyer Magazine after representing the family of an unarmed man shot fatally by a police officer in a Section 1983 federal civil rights lawsuit against a California municipality.
While at Columbia Law School, Ms. Gilbert served on the Journal of Law and Social Problems and as a Teaching Fellow on the Columbia Law School Moot Court Editorial Board. As part of Columbia Law School’s Child Advocacy Clinic, Ms. Gilbert helped design research protocol for adolescent representation and provided legal assistance to young adults transitioning out of foster care. She also interned with the Criminal Appeals Bureau of the Legal Aid Society.
- J.D., Columbia Law School, 2010
- M.A., Stanford University, 2004
- B.A., Stanford University, 2003
- Columbia Law School Child Advocacy Clinic
- California, 2011
- New York, 2015
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- California Workers Accuse Kraft Heinz of Racism, File $30 Million Suit
- Ex-Kraft Heinz Workers Claim ‘Rampant Racism’ In $30M Suit
- $30 Million Race Discrimination Suit Filed Against Kraft Heinz By Sanford Heisler Sharp On Behalf Of Former Employees
- Four Sanford Heisler Sharp Women Partners Selected To The National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40 Civil Plaintiff Trial Lawyers Membership
- Benchmark Litigation Reviews – Sanford Heisler Sharp
- Leading Questions: Sanford Heisler’s Gilbert Gets Creative
- Law360 Names Attys Who Moved Up The Firm Ranks In Q1
- Sanford Heisler Sharp Promotes Felicia Gilbert to San Francisco Managing Partner
- 2021 Lawdragon 500 Plaintiff Employment Lawyer
- 2020 Benchmark Litigation Labor & Employment Star - West in the practice area of Labor & Employment