Ms. De Luca began her legal career in 2011 as a prosecutor at the Suffolk County District Attorney’s Office in Boston, Massachusetts.
"I came to Sanford Heisler Sharp, LLP because I have dedicated my career to advocating on behalf of those disempowered and mistreated by individual and societal injustices. There is no firm whose values and goals align more closely with my own than Sanford Heisler Sharp’s. "
Our commitment to securing justice and providing the best representation possible is reflected in a commitment to diversity within our own firm. At Sanford Heisler Sharp, LLP, we know better than to think the best attorneys look alike, sound alike, think alike, or live alike. What matters is talent, and we hire the best talent available.
As a result, our team more accurately mirrors America. Women, minority, and/or openly gay lawyers make up the majority of our staff. A passion for social justice unites our team - we all work to use the power of law to help create and enforce a more just society.
Caroline De Luca is Of Counsel to Sanford Heisler Sharp, LLP, a national law firm with offices in the District of Columbia, New York, California, Tennessee, and Maryland. She received her J.D. from Boston University School of Law and her B.A. from McGill University.
Ms. De Luca began her legal career in 2011 as a prosecutor at the Suffolk County District Attorney’s Office in Boston, Massachusetts. During her time at the District Attorney’s Office, she served as the point prosecutor in Suffolk County assigned to investigate and prosecute all juvenile sexual offenses and as the lead prosecutor in hundreds of domestic violence and sexual assault cases. Ms. De Luca was ultimately promoted to the unit that handles the most serious domestic violence and sexual assault cases in Suffolk County. She has tried dozens of cases to verdict and has worked closely with hundreds of survivors of domestic and sexual violence over the course of her career.
After leaving the Suffolk County District Attorney’s Office, Ms. De Luca served as the Managing Attorney and Project Director of the Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault and Stalking Program at Ayuda, a non-profit organization serving the immigrant population in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area.
She went on to serve in the Juvenile Section of the Office of the Attorney General for the District of Columbia. During her time at the Attorney General’s Office, she completed a six-month detail in the Sex Offense and Domestic Violence Section of the United States Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia.
Ms. De Luca is a native Spanish speaker.
- J.D., Boston University School of Law, 2011; American Journal of Law & Medicine; Latin American Law Students Association
- B.A., McGill University, 2007
- Immigration Law Clinic at Boston University School of Law
- District of Columbia, 2016
- Massachusetts, 2011
- New York, 2015
- Office for Victims of Crime, U.S. Department of Justice, Victim Legal Assistance Network, All Member Meeting, Presenter on “Child Victims,” Portland, Oregon, June 2016.
- Office of Violence Against Women, U.S. Department of Justice, Legal Assistance for Victims Conference, Presenter for “Breaking Silos: Enhance Your Advocacy for Immigrant Survivors” (discussing the intersectionality between criminal, family, and immigration law), Washington, D.C., October 2016.