Prior to joining Sanford Heisler Sharp, Ms. Guentert was a clinical teaching fellow in Georgetown University Law Center’s Domestic Violence Clinic.
"I joined Sanford Heisler Sharp, LLP for the same reasons I became a lawyer: to protect civil rights and advocate for social justice. I am extremely proud to continue this work as part of such a talented, dedicated team."
I wanted to sincerely thank you for all of the work that you did to help me. I am so grateful to you (and your team) for taking on my case, and for tirelessly advocating for me throughout the process. You were so supportive to me, and I really appreciated all the time that you took to explain things to me, and to make sure that I felt comfortable with every decision. I am really happy that you helped me to take action, and I consider myself so lucky to have had you on my side! A Former Client
Carolin Guentert is a Senior Litigation Counsel in the New York office of Sanford Heisler Sharp, LLP, a national law firm with offices in the District of Columbia, New York, California, Tennessee, and Maryland. She received her J.D. from New York University School of Law, LL.M. with distinction from Georgetown University Law Center, and B.A. summa cum laude from the College of New Jersey.
Ms. Guentert’s practice involves a wide range of matters, including employment discrimination, criminal/sexual violence, and civil rights. She represents clients in both public litigation and privately negotiated settlements.
Prior to joining Sanford Heisler Sharp, Ms. Guentert was a clinical teaching fellow in Georgetown University Law Center’s Domestic Violence Clinic, where she represented survivors of domestic violence in civil protection order cases and supervised law students in their representation of clients. As part of the fellowship, she completed the Women’s Law and Public Policy Fellowship Program. Before her fellowship, Ms. Guentert clerked for the Honorable Jack B. Weinstein of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York. Before her clerkship, she was an associate at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP, where she worked on litigation and international arbitration matters and various pro bono cases. She is currently a member of the Sanctuary for Families Pro Bono Council and previously interned at Sanctuary for Families.
At New York University School of Law, Ms. Guentert served as the Senior Symposium Editor for the Journal of International Law & Politics. She additionally served as the president of the Domestic Violence Advocacy Project, and participated in the Reproductive Justice Clinic.
- LL.M., Georgetown University Law Center, 2019, with distinction
- J.D., New York University School of Law, 2014
- B.A., The College of New Jersey, 2011, summa cum laude
- New York University School of Law: Reproductive Justice Clinic
- New York University School of Law: EU Regulatory Policy Clinic
- Honorable Jack B. Weinstein, the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- New York, 2015
- District of Columbia, 2017
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
The Complaint documents a longstanding pattern of abuse in which Schlumberger knowingly permits women who work on male-dominated oil rigs to be sexually harassed, assaulted, and discriminated against by their male colleagues.
- MoFo faces August trial date but fewer claims in ‘mommy track’ bias lawsuit
- Sanford Heisler Sharp Announces Ten Promotions For 2021
- Schlumberger Faces $100 Million Sexual Harassment Lawsuit
- Shillington woman files $100 million class-action discrimination lawsuit against oilfield services company
- Sanford Heisler Sharp files $100M discrimination class action against Schlumberger Technology
- At Schlumberger, Oil Rigs and Women Don’t Mix: Sanford Heisler Sharp Files $100 Million Gender Discrimination and Hostile Work Environment Class Action Against Schlumberger Technology Corporation