Before joining the firm, Mr. Webbert served as an Equal Justice Works AmeriCorps Legal Fellow at the Land of Lincoln Legal Assistance Foundation.
Our commitment to securing justice and providing the best representation possible is reflected in a commitment to diversity within our own firm. At Sanford Heisler Sharp, LLP, we know better than to think the best attorneys look alike, sound alike, think alike, or live alike. What matters is talent, and we hire the best talent available.
As a result, our team more accurately mirrors America. Women, minority, and/or openly gay lawyers make up the majority of our staff. A passion for social justice unites our team - we all work to use the power of law to help create and enforce a more just society.
Austin Webbert is a Litigation Fellow in the Baltimore office of Sanford Heisler Sharp, a national law firm with offices in Washington DC, New York, California, Tennessee, and Maryland. He received his law degree from the University of Michigan Law School in 2017.
Before joining the firm, Mr. Webbert served as an Equal Justice Works AmeriCorps Legal Fellow at the Land of Lincoln Legal Assistance Foundation, where he counseled and represented low-income veterans in housing, consumer, and family law matters.
At the University of Michigan Law School, Mr. Webbert served as an Executive Editor for the Michigan Journal of Race and Law and worked as a student attorney in the school’s Unemployment Insurance, Civil-Criminal Litigation, and Environmental Law Clinics. He also worked at leading civil rights law firms in California and Maine.
- J.D., University of Michigan Law School, 2017
- B.A., University of Miami, 2010, cum laude
- Unemployment Insurance Clinic at University of Michigan Law School
- Environmental Law Clinic at University of Michigan Law School
- Civil-Criminal Litigation Clinic at University of Michigan Law School
- Maine, 2017
- *Not Admitted in Maryland or the District of Columbia. Practicing under the supervision of David W. Sanford.